This is the Best Tuna Melt Panini!
Tuna is one of those accessible and affordable foods that can be made into delicious meals. A tuna sandwich, in particular, is a common and classic sandwich that can be made in minutes and can leave you feeling full and satisfied. What’s great about a tuna sandwich is that it is so versatile and can really be tailored to fit the individual’s tastes.
I’ve always been a fan of melts — if there’s bread and melted cheese, you’ve pretty much won me over. I’m a simple gal, I tell ya! This recipe combines tuna and sharp cheddar cheese and makes an incredibly delicious tuna melt panini.
The addition of jalapeno in this adds a nice bit of heat and really kicks this sandwich up a notch. You will notice that the recipe includes whole grain bread with crusts cut off. This is just how we make this at our house but feel free to keep your crusts on, if this is your choice, or to also use a different kind of bread.
This sandwich pairs nicely with a side of fresh green salad.
Hope you enjoy this delicious tuna melt, as much as we do!
- 1 (7-ounce) can of tuna, flaked
- ⅓ cup sweet onion, minced
- 1 medium jalapeño, minced (about ¼ cup)
- 2-3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 8 slices of whole grain bread, with crusts cut off (crust off is optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix tuna with mayonnaise until evenly coated.
- Once evenly coated, mix together onions and jalapenos. Add ground pepper to taste.
- Assemble your sandwich by spreading tuna mixture on one slice of bread and adding cheese, then topping with other slice of bread.
- On a panini grill, grill your sandwich until the cheese has melted to your liking.
- Serve with a side of fresh green salad.
Thanks so much for stopping by! ❤
Check out our video for this recipe below on our YouTube page – Homeheartnsoul. If you enjoy this video, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel!