This recipe has been a staple in our Portuguese household. I really hope you enjoy this Bifana de Porco Sandwich! It’s so easy to make and so delicious. This recipe makes 2 sandwiches.
- 4 pork cutlets
- ¼ large Spanish onion, sliced
- 1 red sweet pepper, ½ yellow sweet pepper, ½ orange sweet pepper, cut in strips*
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Portuguese buns (papo secos)
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying, as needed
For the marinade:
- 10 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 tablespoons Portuguese sweet pimento paste
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Paprika, to taste (to coat each side of cutlets)
- Kosher salt, also to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Watch me make this recipe below.
I post weekly videos on my Youtube page – Homeheartnsoul. If you enjoy this video, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel.
Thanks so much for stopping by! 🙂