This Portuguese Rice Dish pairs well with chicken or fish.
As far back as I can remember, this rice dish has been a part of our family gatherings. Not only is it yummy, but affordable and an easy way to feed many people. I don’t know about you, but I often struggle with preparing the perfect side dish, and this one has been proven to be a success in our home. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ small carrot, chopped
- Handful frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small cooking onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 chicken bouillon cubes
- ¼ cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Watch me make this recipe below. I post weekly videos on my Youtube page – Homeheartnsoul. If you enjoy this video, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel.
Thanks so much for stopping by!