If you enjoy baked eggs, I encourage you to give this Baked Eggs with Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese recipe a try. The classic combination of broccoli and cheddar cheese really adds a nice flavour to this dish.
This is a perfect dish to make for breakfast — it’s fast to make and very versatile. There are so many cheese and vegetable combinations that you can try with this. You really can’t go wrong with this cheesy deliciousness!
This recipe serves 4. And you can serve it with a side of a yummy bread of your choice. Definitely nothing as delicious as dipping that fresh bread into the warm egg, so good!
There really is nothing simpler than baked eggs – you can just set it and forget it. A perfect breakfast to make when you’re in need of some extra time to manage your hectic morning routine. In just a few minutes, you’re left with this wonderfully delicious dish, but with none of the added time and effort.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 10 ounces broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Blanch the broccoli in salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring until they are golden. Add broccoli, 2 tablespoons of milk and freshly ground black pepper to pan and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Spread equal amounts of the broccoli/onion mixture in 4 (6 ounce) ramekins. Sprinkle cheese in ramekins in equal amounts (Save about 1 tablespoon to top at the end).
- Making a slight well in each portion, crack an egg into each dish.
- Divide the remaining milk among the ramekins. Season with ground black pepper.
- Place ramekins on a baking tray and bake at 325 degrees F for 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- When nearly cooked, sprinkle remaining cheese on eggs and bake for an additional 1-2 minutes until cheese melts.
Thanks so much for stopping by! ❤
Check out our video for this recipe below on our YouTube page – Homeheartnsoul. If you enjoy this video, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel!