You will love these baked beans!
This is such a delicious savoury dish with just the right amount of sweetness.
I hope you enjoy this warm and cozy comfort food.
This dish works well as a side dish.
Also, feel free to change the amount of bouillon cubes and butter, to suit your taste.
– 450g navy beans, soaked in cool water overnight, rinsed, drained
– 1 cup Portuguese spicy sausage (chouriço), sliced
– 1 cup thick-sliced slab smoked bacon, cubed
– 1 yellow cooking onion, chopped
– ¼ cup red wine
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cubed
– 1 tablespoon tomato paste
– 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 ½ chicken bouillon cubes
– 1 bay leaf
– 2 pinches ground cinnamon
– 1 pinch ground cumin
– 1 pinch ground allspice
Watch me make this recipe below!
I post weekly videos on my Youtube page – Homeheartnsoul. If you enjoy this video, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Good-bye for now.