I’ve always been a fan of roasted red pepper hummus – it is one of my all-time favourite flavours of hummus. We just love hummus at our house because it is a healthy snack and readily available any time of the day – just pull it out of the fridge, grab your favourite cracker or veggie to dip in, and there you go, so accessible and equally delicious.
For this particular recipe, I was looking to make a roasted red pepper hummus but with a bit more spice. Now, if you’re not a fan of spicy food, then you may want to cut back on some of the pepper here. But if you’re a spicy lover, like we are, I encourage you to give this recipe, as is, a try.
Really all you are doing for this recipe is placing all your ingredients in a food processor, so it also makes for a super easy cleanup.
The key to this recipe is adding just enough water to reach the consistency of your choice. I suggest you slowly add your water, just one tablespoon at a time, to keep from over-adding and ending up with hummus that is just way to “liquidy”.
This hummus recipe is so easy to make. It can be whipped up in just minutes, which also makes it a great little snack to make when you’re in a panic as to what to serve some last-minute, unexpected guests!
- 3 whole sweet roasted red peppers (about ½ cup)
- 1 can (540ml) chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sweet roasted red pepper chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Water, as needed
- Place all ingredients, except chopped roasted red pepper, in a food processor and process until well blended.
- As you go, add water as needed until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Be sure to scrape the sides of the food processor bowl as you go.
- Taste and adjust salt and black pepper as needed
- Serve with a garnish of chopped roasted red pepper and enjoy!
Copyright © 2017 Homeheartnsoul.com All Rights Reserved
Thanks so much for stopping by! <3
Check out our video for this recipe below on our YouTube page – Homeheartnsoul. If you enjoy this video, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel!