If you’re trying to think of new ways to eat your spinach, then I’ve got you covered with this one. I like this Spinach and Chick Pea Salad because it is so hearty with a perfectly balanced light vinaigrette. It’s also very simple to make, perfect for when you’re on the go and need to prepare something quick. And most importantly, this dish is super healthy!
In addition, I like it because of it’s versatility — for instance, if you’re out of chickpeas, you can leave them out and the salad would still be delicious , or if you don’t really have the time to hard-boil some eggs, you can leave them out, or how about switching your spinach with another green of your choice! The possibilities are endless with this flavour combination. Nonetheless, I still encourage you to first try out this recipe with all the ingredients I’ve included because I promise you, you will not be disappointed. 🙂
- 1 package (142g) Baby Spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- FOR THE VINAIGRETTE DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons pure white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, chickpeas, onion and olives. Save some olives for garnish
- To make the vinaigrette, in a cup, first whisk salt, pepper and vinegar together. Then slowly add olive oil while whisking continuously to ensure the vinaigrette is emulsified.
- Toss salad with dressing
- Top with egg wedges and remaining olives
This salad can serve 2 individuals as a main for lunch, or 4 individuals as a side dish.
Bottom-line=This is such a yummy way to eat your greens! So fresh and healthy, and done in minutes.
Thanks so much for stopping by! ❤
Check out our video for this recipe below on our YouTube page – Homeheartnsoul. If you enjoy this video, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel!