Let me tell you, these jalapeno poppers are so delicious! Specifically speaking, the heat from the peppers blends beautifully with the creamy/garlic-y filling! Each time I make these, they are a surefire crowd-pleaser and gone in minutes. In other words, these will definitely not disappoint, I promise you that!
For the reasons mentioned above and how quickly these can be made, these Jalapeno Poppers are a perfect little snack to have around when guests arrive. Not to mention, they are also great for when you’re in the mood to simply treat yourself! Since these little guys are baked, you can enjoy them a bit more guilt-free!
I would like to mention that this recipe does not include bacon. I’ve made this recipe specifically without any bacon as I know many poppers use bacon as an ingredient, but I was looking to make a vegetarian version.
I’m really hoping you enjoy these little guys as much as we do!
First, you will want to start off by mixing together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic and green onion. My suggestion is that once you have done this, you should be sure to taste the mixture at this point to see if any salt is needed. In general, what I have found is that I typically don’t need to add any salt here because the sharp cheddar cheese adds enough flavour, but please feel free to add salt here if you need to.
Then, after preheating my oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit, I placed the pepper halves on a baking tray and filled each pepper half with the cheese mixture, being sure to distribute the filling equally. For an easier clean-up, be sure to line your tray first with parchment paper!
Finally, I bake these guys for about 30 minutes.
And VOILA – you’re done! Enjoy 🙂
- 380 grams Jalapeno Peppers (11 [3-4 inch] peppers), seeded and halved
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic and green onion, until blended well. Taste, add salt as needed.
- Place pepper halves on a baking tray (be sure to line your tray first for an easier clean-up!), and fill each pepper half with the cheese mixture, being sure to distribute the filling equally
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Thanks so much for stopping by! ❤
Check out our video for this recipe below on our YouTube page – Homeheartnsoul. If you enjoy this video, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel!