If you enjoy a margarita, I encourage you to try this Watermelon Margarita! It has the perfect blend of sweetness from the watermelon and tartness from the lime. Using watermelon also makes it the perfect summer cocktail — watermelon just screams S-U-M-M-E-R!
Can I also mention, I’m obsessed with its gorgeous bright colour!
If you’re looking for a simple drink to make for your friends during a summer get-together, then look no further. I’ve got you covered! This is a very simple recipe that you can whip up in no time.
This particular recipe serves 4, making one glass each. But feel free to double (or triple! 🙂 ) the recipe as you see fit.
I chose to rim the glasses with kosher salt in this recipe but this is completely optional, the recipe would also work lovely without it. You could also rim the glasses with granulated sugar instead of salt, it is really up to you.
You will notice I’ve served this drink over ice cubes, however you could also try blending your ice directly into the watermelon to make a frozen margarita slushy! Yummy! The preference is all yours!
One last note, don’t skip out on the watermelon wedge garnish! It makes for such a pretty drink and you eat with your eyes first after all, am I right?!
And Ta-Da!! within just a few minutes, you are left with this summer-licious drink! Enjoy! 🙂
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, chopped
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- ¾ cup Tequila
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar*
- 2 cups ice cubes
- lime wedges to use for rimming the glasses (optional)
- kosher salt or granulated sugar to use for rimming the glasses (optional)
- In a blender, blend together the watermelon and sugar until well combined.
- Into that same blender, add the tequila and lime juice to the watermelon mixture and blend once more.
- Optional: To rim glasses, use lime wedges to moisten the rim of each glass. Place kosher salt or sugar into shallow dish and evenly dip each glass rim into salt or sugar.
- Distribute ice cubes into glasses then pour margarita evenly throughout glasses. **
- Optional: Garnish your glasses with watermelon wedges
**Alternatively, you may also try blending your ice into the drink.
Copyright © 2017 Homeheartnsoul.com All Rights Reserved
Thanks so much for stopping by! <3
Check out our video for this recipe below on our YouTube page – Homeheartnsoul. If you enjoy this video, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel!