Nothing says summer like watermelon!
I’m a fan of watermelon all through the year, but there really is nothing as delicious as a ripe watermelon in the summer season. It’s fresh, the perfect amount of sweet, and I’m just in love with its bright colour.
And since it is July, I’ve been inspired to make some yummy recipes using watermelon lately. You’ve already seen my post on the Watermelon Margarita, which I hope you enjoyed! Today, I’m posting a delicious and healthy Watermelon, Arugula and Feta Salad with a balsamic vinaigrette.
I’m obsessed with this salad because not only do I love each ingredient on its own, but I find the ingredients just blend together beautifully, elevating each individual ingredient to a whole new level of deliciousness.
This recipe calls for 4 cups of seedless watermelon, cubed into bite-sized pieces, a package of baby arugula, some thinly sliced red onion and some cubed feta cheese.
The dressing is equally as simple using only extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt, to taste.
And that’s it! This recipe is so simple to make and equally as enjoyable!
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup feta, Cubed
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- ⅓ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- For the vinaigrette dressing, whisk together balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and olive oil. In a large bowl, add arugula, watermelon, onion and feta. Add dressing and toss.
Thanks so much for stopping by <3
Check out our video for this recipe below on our YouTube page – Homeheartnsoul. If you enjoy this video, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel!