This crab cake recipe is a hit in our household. These little cakes are really simple to make and so delicious.
All you’re doing is combining one-third of your bread crumbs (we use Panko bread crumbs, but feel free to use a bread crumb of your choice), sweet onion, green onion, parsley, egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic powder in a large bowl.
Once this is all combined well, you fold in the crab meat, again until all is combined well.
Then, you take your remaining bread crumbs and place them in a shallow bowl. You will be forming a one to two inch ball of the crab mixture. I find that it’s about two tablespoons worth of the mixture. Once you have your crab mixture in a ball, you will roll it gently into your shallow dish of bread crumbs, then use your hands to flatten and shape your balls into a half inch thick patty.
Next, you’re just frying your cakes for about 2-3 minutes per side, flipping until each side is golden brown. I use a large skillet and heat about two tablespoons of safflower oil over medium high heat for frying, but feel free to use an oil of your choice.
Be sure to place your crab cakes onto a paper towel as they come out of the skillet, to absorb any excess oil.
We often have this for dinner at our house. It’s important that you squeeze these cakes with fresh lemon juice prior to eating, this really enhances the flavour. We also always pair these cakes with Sriracha, because we find it pairs perfectly when dipped, however this is optional. Feel free to use a hot sauce of your choice, or none at all.
If you enjoy a crab cake, I encourage you to give this recipe a try.
- 2 cans (120 g each) white crab meat, drained, flaked
- ¼ cup sweet onion, chopped finely
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped finely
- ⅓ cup parsley, chopped finely
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup bread crumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil (for frying)
- In a large bowl, combine ⅓ cup of bread crumbs, sweet onion, green onion, parsley, egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic powder. Once combined, fold in crab meat until well blended.
- Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Divide mixture into eight sections OR measure 2 tablespoons of mixture per cake. Form 1-2 inch balls. Roll balls gently into bread crumbs and flatten/shape into ½ inch thick patties.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of safflower oil over medium-high. Place crab cakes into skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove and place on paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve with lemon wedges (being sure to squeeze lemon juice onto cakes as you eat them!) and with Sriracha(optional)
Thanks so much for stopping by <3
Check out our video for this recipe below on our YouTube page – Homeheartnsoul. If you enjoy this video, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel!