Today, I have a simple Sangria recipe for you. I’m such a fan of this gorgeous drink, originating from Spain. I love the idea of fresh fruit being used to flavour and enhance your favourite wine.
I don’t know about you, but there really is nothing as lovely as a simple glass of red wine. It’s a perfect way to unwind after a long day, or to have when enjoying yourself with friends. Because we are fans of red wine at our house, we decided to use it in this Sangria recipe.
This particular recipe came about when we were looking for a simple drink to make very last minute, and we didn’t have very many fruits at home at the time.
You can make all different types of sangrias, using the flavours of fruits and wines that you love best.
This recipe is a good base recipe – giving you a place to start. What’s great is you can now play with this recipe, switching up the fruit, wine you use, making this special and different each time you have it.
This recipe uses red wine (choose a wine of your choice), brandy, freshly squeezed orange juice (you can also substitute with apple or pineapple juice), lemon slices OR orange slices, and lemon or orange flavoured sparkling water, to use for topping off your drink.
To make this you want to start by adding your wine to a large wine glass (or pitcher if you are making a larger batch). Add your brandy, then add your orange juice. Next, take your lemon slices and squeeze the juice of each slice into your glass, then add the actual slices to your wine. Now, take your sparkling water and add as much as you would like to top off your sangria. Lastly, use a stir stick to stir your sangria and refrigerate for a couple of hours prior to serving, to infuse the flavours.
And that’s it, you’re done. Enjoy!
It is optional to garnish your glasses with lemon slices, but go for it! It looks beautiful garnished!
- 4 parts red wine
- 1 part brandy
- 1 part freshly squeezed orange juice (can also substitute with apple or pineapple juice)
- Lemon slices (extra for garnish, optional) (can also substitute with orange slices)
- Lemon or orange flavoured sparkling water (to use for topping)
- Start by adding the wine to a large wine glass (or pitcher if you are making a larger batch). Next, add your brandy. Then, add your orange juice.
- Next, take your lemon slices and squeeze juice of each slice into glass, then add slices to glass.
- Take your sparkling water and add as much as you would like to top off your sangria.
- Lastly, use a stir stick to stir your sangria and refrigerate for a couple of hours prior to serving, to infuse the flavours.
- Optional: garnish with lemon slice
Thanks so much for stopping by <3
Check out our video for this recipe below on our YouTube page – Homeheartnsoul. If you enjoy this video, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel!