I love cheesecake! Every kind – don’t think I’ve ever had one that I didn’t like. Today, I’m sharing a simple recipe for a classic Sour Cream Cheesecake.
This recipe is so easy to make, and is perfect to serve at your next get-together.
Let’s get started on how I made this beautiful cake.
Before we start, I do want to let you know that this particular recipe makes one 9-inch cheesecake. A nice size dessert to serve a crowd.
To begin, we start by crushing our vanilla flavoured wafers into crumbs using a food processor. I like the vanilla flavoured wafers, but you may choose a flavour of your choice. You may also crush your wafers by placing them in a Ziploc plastic bag and using a rolling pin overtop, but the food processor is so much quicker and easier. But hey, if you’re in the mood to let off some steam, by all means, get your aggression out and crush these wafers using a little muscle power!
I then combine my crumbs with my melted butter. Once this has been done, I take these crumbs and firmly press them into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan.
I preheat my oven to 350F and bake this crust for 5 minutes, then remove it from the oven. This ensures the crust has hardened a bit, to the consistency you’re looking for.
On to the filling:
In a large mixing bowl, I beat my cream cheese until it becomes fluffy. I add my sugar, eggs, sour cream, vanilla and lemon juice to this, beating until all is blended well. I then pour this mixture into my prepared pan and place it back into the oven at 350F and bake for 1 hour.
Once done, I let the cake cool then chill it for about 3-4 hours until it has become firm.
Now, onto the fun part – garnish with your choice of fruit. This is where your creative skills come into play. I’ve used strawberries and kiwis to garnish this particular cake, but you really cannot go wrong with choosing the fruits of your choice.
This cake provides the perfect base to compliment any type of delicious fruit, so feel free to experiment with your fruit garnish and have fun with your designs!
One last note, that likely goes without saying, be sure to remove the sides of your spring form pan prior to serving. 🙂
- 2 ½ cups vanilla flavoured wafers
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (250g) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Fruit of your choice for garnish
- Crush wafers into crumbs using a food processor. Combine crumbs with melted butter. Press firmly into bottom of 9-inch spring form pan. Preheat oven to 350F. Bake crust for 5 minutes then remove from oven.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Add sugar, eggs, sour cream, vanilla and lemon juice and continue beating until combined well. Pour mixture into prepared pan and place back into 350F oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool then chill until firm (about 3-4 hours).
- Garnish with fruit of your choice
- Prior to serving, remove side of spring form pan.
Thanks so much for stopping by <3
Check out our video for this recipe below on our YouTube page – Homeheartnsoul. If you enjoy this video, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel!