I’ve always liked the look of these clothesline frame displays. Not only are they totally adorable, but you’re able to change up the items being displayed whenever you choose. This means you could get completely different “Display Looks” by simply changing the colours or theme of items being displayed. You could even have it customized for certain events you host — i.e. mom’s birthday party? How about add photos of mom growing up, special moments, birthday wishes, etc. The possibilities are endless! I’m definitely a sucker for something that is affordable and can serve multiple uses — it really feels like you can get value out of items like this. Not to mention, they also make for wonderful gifts!
I noticed many of these displays at home decor stores and although I had been tempted to buy one, for some reason I just never have. Well I’m here to tell you that I’m so glad this was the case because I was able to make one myself! Not only do I love the one I made, but it cost me nothing! I did happen to have all the materials I needed to make this already at home. But if this is not the case for you, it still won’t cost you very much at all to make!
Here’s what I used to make this:
- Frame (I used a frame from an old piece of artwork that I was no longer using and wasn’t sure what to do with. If you don’t have something like this, you can buy a frame for next to nothing, try the dollar store)
- Paint (I had white acrylic paint at home, so I used this and it worked well, but you can choose the paint of your choice. Be sure that the paint works on the surface of the frame you’re using)
- “Wire-y” ribbon or cord or rope (see my terrible explanation of this below )
- Glue gun
- Pliers to help take apart the frame
Let’s get started:
- Using pliers, remove backing of the frame. Since mine also came with a front glass display, I removed that as well.
- Paint your frame and let dry.
- Decide how many “clotheslines” you want across your frame, then cut that amount of ribbon, being sure that the ribbon fits length of frame. If you’re using ribbon, I suggest you use a “wire-y”-type (I’m sure I’m missing the technical name for this!), but you know what I’m saying right, the kind of ribbon that can bend. You will see below, I used just the edge of my ribbon, since this was the only place the wire was. But as long as you’re using something that is sturdy enough to display your items you should be fine (i.e. cord or rope would work as well).
- Glue your ribbon to the back of the frame using your glue gun.
AND YOU’RE DONE!
I hope this inspires you to try a DIY of your own — you just might like what you get!
Thanks so much for stopping by! <3
Check out our video for this DIY below on our YouTube page – Homeheartnsoul. If you enjoy this video, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel!